Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Abby Cardi - Item 6 Completed


I just completed the Tie Waist Sweater as part of the Wardrobe Basics SewAlong yesterday. Here is my review:

Pattern Description:  Great jersey cardi to have for all occasions, wear it over your cami or dress, knot it at the front or leave it casually hanging down casually. Optional 2 sleeve lengths. (From StyleArc Website) I made the short sleeve version.

Pattern Sizing: Sizes 6-30 (individual sizes purchased seperately). I made a size 10.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes, I think so.

Were the instructions easy to follow? This is a quick cardi to put together. However, I did struggle with how to attach the back neck to the outer back collar but I got there eventually with a lovely friend's help . Once again, the Style Arc instructions are like an order of construction and are fairly brief.  After constructing the  collar, this is an easy pattern. I rolled hem the bottom hem and coverstitched the sleeve hems.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I like how this pattern can be used as a lightweight cardi which is great for the climate I live in. It would make a nice long sleeve cardi too. The length I think is perfect for me but if you were taller, I think you might like to add some length.

Fabric Used: Rayon Lurex Jersey Knit from Fabric.com

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:  I handstitched the facing neck seam instead of using the machine. I didn't trust it to look good with machine stitching.



Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? I might sew it again. Time will tell!

Conclusion: The cardigan drapes well and is comfortable to wear. I'm also pleased with the sizing.

4 comments:

  1. Your definitely on a roll with this sew along! The jersey cardi looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really are doing a great job with the SAL, the cardi is so cute on you. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Item 6! Well done! I love the green and grey. This looks like it'll be a really versatile cardigan for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found your blog while googling the Abby Cardi. I'm struggling with the construction of the collar. I even cut an extra one out of a cheap knit so I could work through the construction. I did get further with this one, but still haven't figured it it. Any tips? You can email me at Lorig20@msn.com

    ReplyDelete