Saturday, March 3, 2012

White Shirt - Item 3 Completed


I have finished my basic white top for the Wardrobe Basics Sew Along. I made the Kate Top from Style Arc.   I think this a definately another versatile addition to my wardbrobe. I used Stella Knit and the quality of the knit is very good . It is a good weight for a t-shirt without being too heavy.

Pattern Description:  Long sleeve with rib cuff, round neck top, slightly fitted.

Pattern Sizing: Sizes 6 -20 (individual size purchased seperately). I made a 10.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?  Yes.

Were the instructions easy to follow? The instructions are brief but this is a fairly easy top to put together. They contain a useful diagram on how to do the neck binding.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?  I really like the cuff detail and also the way the top looks very RTW. I didn't have to do a FBA which is also a great win.

Fabric Used: Stella Knit purchased from Crafty Mamas

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: I stabilised the the shoulder seams with a strip on iron on stretch interfacing. I cut off 1 5/8" off the hem and also 2" off the sleeve before attaching the cuff band.



Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? I think I will definately sew it again - maybe a stripe fabric next time.


Conclusion: A great white top - super comfortable and will be great for winter.

3 comments:

  1. Yea! I just finished my white shirt too, but I need to take pictures. Looks like you may have found your TNT tshirt pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cuff is so cute! I haven't seen that too often on t-shirts--it's a great detail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute top, I like the cuff, too. A stripe knit would look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete