Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Vogue 1247 - Camel Skirt - Item 5 Completed


I have finally finished my Camel skirt for the Wardrobe Basics SewAlong.  I used this pattern:



Pattern Description:  Semi-fitted A-lined skirt has front in-seam pockets. (From back of Vogue Pattern)

Pattern Sizing: 6-18.  I made a 14.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes, I think so. Mine is a little longer

Were the instructions easy to follow?  Yes, overall I found the instructions very good. I was a little confused about understiching the pockets as after doing this, I still have a small raw seam there so not sure exactly if this was supposed to happen. If anyone else has made this and has tips on this, it would be greatly appreciated :)

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I love the fit of this skirt and I really like the waistband. The instructions have you finish the seams using binding and although I love how this looks inside, it was quite time consuming. I also love, love the pockets.



Fabric Used:  A lovely wool blend.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:  I lengthened the skirt by 1"  and it is still fairly short but I like the length. I used a blind hem stitch on my sewing machine to hem the fabric.
Would you sew it again?  Would you recommend it to others?  Yes, definately. I think I'll make the next one in denim.

Conclusion: A lovely, stylish pattern. I think this will be another great addition to my wardrobe.

Next up, I think I'll make the puffy vest or the black (or in my case, grey) dress. Oh decisions, decisions....

3 comments:

  1. Cute skirt! I like the funky pocket openings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seamed pockets are so fun. What a great color for you too. This will definitely make a cute denim skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous skirt and I really like the pockets

    ReplyDelete